Safe Sport training is REQUIRED for coaches, instructors and instructor candidates, and strongly recommended for all volunteers, directors, and parents/chaperones.
In accordance with recent SafeSport Policy, specific individuals within our US Sailing community are required to successfully complete SafeSport training:
Mandatory SafeSport Training:
- All trained Instructors, Instructor Trainers, and Master Instructor Trainers for US Sailing Training Programs: Small Boat, Keelboat, Powerboat (including current, candidates, and recertifying)
- All Certified Race Officials (including current, candidates, and recertifying)
- US Sailing Coaches, US Sailing Contract Coaches, US Sailing Coach applicants
- US Sailing Championship Committee Chairs
- US Sailing Team and Olympic Development support personnel, as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing to include but not to be limited to medical, therapeutic, boat wrights
- US Sailing leadership and management, including all US Sailing Staff and interns; Board of Directors; Olympic Sailing Committee
Confirm a Member’s Certification
As a US Sailing member, you are able to look-up another member’s credentials, including completion of SafeSport training.
Click here to Access the Member Lookup